Monday, July 14, 2008

Blog Interviews: A Great Way to be Seen


One of my tips for getting blog readers to your blog is to pursue being featured in the blogs of others.

This could be a collaborative effort, such as "I feature you and you feature me," or it could be a response by you to the many calls for blog content in your forums or boards, or it could be that a blogger notices you and writes about you. Any way is a good way. Just do it.

Recently, Dancing Monkey Jewelry owner, Martha, was looking for artists for her "Artist of the Week" feature. Not one to let moss grow under her feet when it comes to free promotion for my handcrafted jewelry business (GalleriaLinda), I accepted and Martha and I had a great time working on this interview.

Now you can see how it works!

Read my interview on Martha's blog, Dancing Monkey Chronicles, and read about other artists that she reviews.

Martha (aka Dancing Monkey Jewelry) writes fabulous "Artist of the Week" interviews about the great handcrafted items that artists make. Martha has a special eye for sleek designs that delight and is a jewelry artist in her own right.

Then, Edward and Lilly's blog picks up on Dancing Monkey's articles and mentions my business name too. And so on...and so on.... What will tomorrow bring from this article? We will see!

See the recipircal links I provide back to these blogs too? I linked my interview to my web site, Facebook, YourHandcraft.ning.com, EtsyLove.ning.com, WebJam, and will soon put it on LinkedIn, and Flickr.

This is really a great way to get your services or products seen.

Leave a comment on this blog if this tactic has worked for you! Tell us how you got your blog interview or feature.

1 comment:

Linda B said...

I'd like to do an interview and be interviewed.

Linda B.